Monday, May 2, 2011

Krallice - Dimensional Bleedthrough




I've decided to stop posting half visible cell phone pictures of albums on my pea soup green bed and decided to start using images of just the album covers. I'm not trying to sell these albums so there's no point in me trying to get a fucking perfect photo of the album like a 18 year old taking mirror pictures on their iphone inside a mall bathroom. Back to the music.

Krallice - Dimensional Bleedthrough is in no way a new release (2009) but it's a recent purchase for me so I decided to add it. Black metal is a new development in what I listen to and I'm quickly growing appreciation for it due to bands such as this and Wolves in the Throne Room, Xasthur and Nachtmystium just to name a few. Krallice definitely lie in the area of atmospheric black metal but their sound is more than that, I feel it has an almost progressive side to it as well. The song structure is more technical and has more depth then most would expect upon first listen. I try to listen to each record at least twice shortly before posting on here about it as to get a decent feel for it and not blindly start posting about some shit I listened to 4 months ago. After I went through said listening spree the entire album is extremely well put together, flows great from start to finish. At a total 7 tracks clocking in around 76 minutes I shouldn't have to explain that each track is pretty fucking lengthy which is great for all those out there who, like me, enjoy monstrous track lengths. For people who have a misconception about black metal or just flat out haven't given it a shot this would be one of the good entry points into the genre. The vocals aren't the traditional high end vocals associated with the genre they're a bit deeper and raspy but it fits them like a beer coozy. There's 3 different pressings of this album the first, my copy, a 2xLP gatefold on black limited to 500 copies. There's also a clear version limited to 300 and a test copy limited to 8. Links below for purchase, if still available.

Profound Lore Records
Gilead Media

No comments:

Post a Comment