Wednesday, May 4, 2011

True Widow - As High As The Highest Heavens...



As High As The Highest Heavens and From The Center To The Circumference Of The Earth is the full name of this album and that will be the only time I type it out. This album comes from the band True Widow and was released at the end of March on Kemado. They bring a good mix of mellow shoegaze with an almost heavier drone type undertone to it. Some call it stonegaze, but whatever you call it the album is fucking good. I randomly grabbed this at the record store and regret never hearing their first album, which I will now be searching for. This is one of those albums you want to have playing while you sit on the porch and watch the sun explode and chaos unfold in the streets. I'd say it lies somewhere in between Have A Nice Life and A Storm of Light for me. It does have that depressing feel to it but it draws you in with the constant musical change from powerful to mellow with the vocals remaining soft and almost comforting the entire time. This is a 2x LP on black limited to 2000 copies.  Just like they were recommended to me I will be throwing their name out to anyone who listens, which aren't many, for a long time to come. Enjoy.


True Widow
Kemado
True Widow @ Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment